Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

I can't tell you how long it's been since I dressed up for Halloween. Well, maybe I can. I was Elvira in 2000, when I worked at a pretty seedy joint.
So, to make up for lost time, I dressed up not once, but twice this year.
On Halloween, I dressed as Amy Winehouse. I know I'm not a cracked-out rock star, but hey, it was fun. I drew trashy tattoos on my arms and wore more eye makeup on one night than I usually do all year long.
Steph as a scarecrow

I thought I'd done a fairly good impersonation, as several people knew who I was right off the bat. But, I guess the huge hive-hair, tons of eyeliner, and shirt that has Winehouse's album name on it wasn't enough for some. Someone didn't get it, because "Amy Winehouse is skinny."
Ouch.
So, on Saturday, to make it easier on everyone (and my self-confidence), we dressed as a couple that everyone should recognize:
But in case you didn't get it, we were Fred & Wilma Flintstone. I think Husband makes a great Fred.
Kevin the Strangler thought so too, and he wanted to off him with his cut-off piece of extension cord.

The Magician and his assistant didn't want any violence. They were just there for the party, man. Oh, and to do some tricks.


The Economy and the Bailout package were there too. Those greedy people, eating up our Retirement and taking money from the little man...


People at this party were from all over the world. This Frenchman decided that he needed to bring his Maid to the party with him. I don't know this for sure, but I think they have more than just an employer-employee relationship.

The party was fun, but you know, a party just isn't a party until someone catches on fire.
Seriously?!

Here's Tom the magician, pointing out his dad's back. He caught on fire either from the fire pit on the deck or from a candle on the railing. His Thing 1 costume was obviously NOT flame retardant.
The general consensus was that it could have been much worse if it weren't for the Travelocity Gnome, who put the fire out. With his hands.

How's that for service? I bet Priceline wouldn't send William Shatner to do the same.

4 comments:

Ellie said...

FABULOUS! I Love it! Very interesting costumes at the party!

Allison said...

Skinny is no longer in. You made a hot Amy Winehouse! And Wilma! By the way, I think you're right about that Frenchman and his maid...

Organic Meatbag said...

Don't listen to that bullshit about skinny Amy Winehouse...she is only skinny because her only sustenance comes from crack and heroin...rock on!

Amber said...

The Amy Winehouse is good, but I LOVE the Wilma and Fred getup!