Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's been a busy week.

We had to drive to South Carolina Monday to attend Husband's grandma's funeral (he's OK, and she's in a better place now). It's about a 7 hour drive from here, which would not have been a problem at all, except that we had to make the same trip the very next day. We literally left the funeral and drove home on Tuesday, getting home at about 11 pm, exhausted and sick of the car. We probably would have stayed an extra day, but we had a very important appointment today (more on that in a minute).
While Husband drove, I knit.

pattern: Thorpe
yarn: Lamb's Pride Bulky
I knit this entire thing (with the exception of the braids) on the way to SC. The pattern is really easy, and I think I like top-down hats a lot. The only complaint I have with this hat is that it's a bit tall. On me. Which may not be the case for those with normal heads. Since becoming a knitter, I've realized that I have a rather large noggin, circumferentially speaking. S'okay though. I can deal.

On the way home, I cast on for another cowl. Does this yarn look familiar? It's the remainder of the skein I used to make the Sunset Cowl. I love this one too.
The pattern is a simple eyelet pattern that is easily memorized. It's knit up like a very short scarf, and the ends are seamed together. I probably would have gotten this finished on the trip home, but it got dark, and I don't knit well if I can't see.

Looking at this picture, you'd think I'd be struggling to get air. Really, it's not as tight as it looks: It's not snug at all. It is cuddly and warm though.

Now, about that important appointment...
Goodbye foggy window panes... Hello-
Installer guy.

I Kinneared him. And I thought I had actually gotten away with it, until he looked over at me like I was a weirdo. Ahem.
Anyway, look!
I have locks!! And who has locks? Why, those whose windows actually open!!
OOOH! And look what else! I have SCREENS!!!
No more birds in my house, thankyouverymuch.

No comments: