Monday, November 24, 2008

Finished.

I finished my Shalom Cardigan.
And I love it.

I decided to make it long sleeved, so I had to order a few more balls of yarn. Including the wait time, I had this sweater done in just over 2 weeks, while simultaneously battling a bad case of knitting ADD.
In all, I used about 9 skeins, and the total cost for this sweater is less than $30. Can't beat that, considering that the yarn for my Central Park Hoodie cost right at $100 (don't tell husband), and it took me 7 weeks to complete.

As I said in my previous post, most mods are per Ishi. However, I decided to add sleeves. To do this, I started with the 50 stitches (per mods), dec 2 st every 12th rnd twice, then dec 2 st every 6th round 8 times. I knit 15 rows, then added 3 garter ridges around the cuff to tie into the garter hem. This yields a sleeve that is about 13 inches at the upper arm, and about 8 inches at the cuff.
While knitting this, I hit a sort of knitting milestone-
I broke a needle.
The cable just came right out of the end of my Knit Picks Options. I've never had that happen before, and I've used these needles heavily since I got them for Christmas last year. Hmph.


Today Husband and I went to see Twilight. I read the books, then convinced Husband to read them. Of course, he didn't like them nearly as much as I did, but he did want to go see the movie.

Now, about the movie....

Edward Cullen (Rob Pattinson) was, of course, scrumptious.

His acting skillz, however, were not. He seemed like he was reading his lines and not really acting like Edward. Also, having read the series- well, let's just say a few times- I was really disappointed in all of the inaccuracies in the movie. But I guess that comes with the territory of movies based on books.
The filming was so-so, and you could really tell this was a low-budget flick. It's too bad these people had no idea how big this movie would be, because I think they could have put a little more money into it and made it a ton better. My advice- if you're not totally obsessed with the series already, wait for the DVD.
Oh well.
Edward was nice to look at anyway.