Monday, September 1, 2008

Sweater, interrupted.

I've been working on this Gathered Pullover for quite a while now. Well, to be completely honest, it sat for a while, being neglected, because it can be rather difficult to convince myself that knitting a wool sweater in 95degree heat is a good idea. Anyway, I did convince myself to pick it up again, hoping it would be done just in time for fall weather. I finished the body a couple of days ago, and finished one sleeve yesterday. I decided that I would probably have more motivation to knit the second sleeve if I seamed the rest of the sweater together, and had to look at it with only one sleeve missing. So, I seamed the shoulders and pinned my finished sleeve in until..... what the hell?? What am I looking at, you ask? Well, I am showing you the sleeve (which is at the top of the photo), and the body of the sweater (at the bottom). On a perfect normal sweater, the two of these ends would match up. But on MY sweater? Not so much.

There's gotta be at least an inch of extra fabric on the body. I had to get a bit creative in the seaming of my Central Park hoodie, because the sides were about 1/4 inch longer than the back. But this? I doubt that all the creativity in the world could make this seaming look decent. I seriously doubt this is what they meant when they named it the Gathered Pullover. Perhaps I'll end up with a nice wool vest....
Needless to say, I was a bit upset. I had to throw put down the sweater, take a few deep breaths, and cast on for something that didn't require much concentration.


Squares for Erika's afghan
Aahhh... Much better.

2 comments:

Wolfgang said...

Thanks, and I love the tattoo in the below post!

Anonymous said...

Hmm... Maybe you accidentally knit the sleeve for a smaller pattern size than the body? I've mixed sizes before, wasn't fun. {hugs}