Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Crochet? Nay.

While I was at the Knit Nook the other day, Jane was crocheting a really cute hat. I asked her a few questions about the stitch she was doing, and she kindly came over to my chair and ran through a brief how-to-crochet demonstration. I was so inspired that I went home and tried to remember what Jane had taught me.

I thought I was doing fairly well. I cast on chained 40 stitches, and intended to do a washcloth. After a few rows, I realized that I was losing stitches somehow. Of course, I was attempting to do something that I don't know how to do, completely from memory, so that should come as no surprise. I thought that I could just increase, like I would in knitting, but I ended up with this ruffled edge.

At that point, I thought that maybe a nice crocheted border would tie it all together nicely. As I was going around the bottom, I found..... well, what the hell is this little leg sticking out? How did that happen?


Hmmm..... Looks suspiciously like something you may find on a map of the U.S.....

I need crochet help.
But that is the least of my worries right now. I'm sure this scene can be found in thousands of homes across the Louisville Metro area right now. Nonetheless, it is still disturbing.These things are not meant to be this empty.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

that is the best wash rag EVER!! you rock!!!