Friday, September 26, 2008

I should start charging admission.

I live in a neighborhood with lots of trees. I have 2 wooded lots beside me, and about 4 behind me. So, I understand that there will be bugs. I know this. However, I did not think I would be living in the freakin' Herpaquarium.

Exhibit A:
Enormous Stagg Beetle. How do I know what kind of bug this is? We have this site bookmarked on our computer, that's how.
This thing flew in while Husband had the door open. It sounded like a helicopter was preparing for landing in my house. thwockthwockthwock

Also, we've had our fair share of spiders, including this hairy thing. Yep, there was a fight that night ("No, YOU get it out of here! I'm not touching it!").

So today, I'm minding my own business, getting ready to do laundry when I notice something scurry across the carpet-

Exhibit B:

Seriously??! A flippin' lizard?!

I really should start charging an admission fee.

3 comments:

Ellie said...

that is special! did rocco get the lizards tail? you can tell it is a "new" tail.

Allison said...

hmmm. I don't know what's worse, your combo or my mouse... You may have beaten me!

Just a Girl In the World said...

I totally understand how you feel about the lizard and bug!