Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A long overdue post...

I've been so lazy lately. I haven't been doing much other than growing a baby. I haven't even been knitting much, except that I finished my lace blanket-

(That big green thing at the bottom of the picture? Yeah, that's my belly.)

I made the blanket a bit shorter than the pattern called for, simply because I thought that if I knit another inch on it, I would poke my eye out with a knitting needle.
I like the way it turned out though, especially the crochet shell edging. Thanks, Jane, for teaching me how to do it!!


My friends at the Knit Nook had a shower for me a couple of weeks ago, and my baby got such great gifts.

Cindy, Suzanne, Irene, Vi, Margie, Kristen, me (the pregnant one in the middle), and Jane
I loved all of the gifts, but this was by far my favorite-
a blanket of squares knit/crochet by Knit Nookers.
Isn't this blanket beautiful? I love the way the knit and crochet squares look together in the varying shades of pink. And, I think this is the neatest crochet join I have ever seen-
I love it! Now I'm afraid to let Little Girl use it- I don't want spit up on it!!
She also got other cute handknits- a Mini Pini, several hats, a cardigan, booties, and a Baby Bib-o-Love.

At another shower put on by our 'couples' friends, they made onesies for Little Girl. To be honest, I was afraid of what they'd make that I'd have to put on my child, but I think these turned out pretty cute, in a funny way. Some may need some explanation, while others, like the stain resistant one (which clearly is stain resistant due to the large amount of puffy paint applied) do not.
(I know y'all are jealous, and all want a picture of a Dragicorn vomiting your child's name in rainbow colors on a onesie, but I'm sorry to inform you that this design is a trademark of Kevin. You'll have to ask him for one.)




1 comment:

Holly said...

Adorable! I was afraid to let Iris use her blanket from the Knit Nook too, but I couldn't really keep her away from it in the end. Now it is one of her treasured possessions! I know your baby will love hers too!