Sunday, May 10, 2009

I've been so bored...

I've been on bedrest since Tuesday.
And it's been very boring.
I used to be one of those people who thought that surely, lounging around would be great, kinda like a vacation. Who wouldn't want to be ordered to stay in bed all day, allowing time to catch up on reading, watching TV, sleeping, etc....
Try it. I dare ya. See how long you last. Probably just long enough to realize that, even with cable, there is NOTHING on TV during the day, except court shows and poorly portrayed, 'unauthorized' biographies of Madonna. (I'm ashamed to admit that I wasted 2 hours of my life on this stupid movie.)

I also read an entire book on Friday- the latest installment of the Sookie Stackhouse series. It was good, but it left several loose ends. I suppose I'll have to wait until May 2010 to find out how the Sookie/Eric saga plays out.

I couldn't spend the entire week in my bed. I just couldn't. My hips started hurting, then my back, and even my butt was numb from staying in bed. So I've spent a large portion of the week in this-
my new comfy glider. I love it, and it was well worth the 10+ week wait.

I have been knitting a lot too. I finished the Boheme Sweater for Little Girl, modeled here by our creepy doll gifted to Husband by his grandmother. (The doll is actually supposed to be a boy, and I have no idea at all why his grandmother thought to give Husband this doll, other than the fact that they share the same name. They look nothing alike.)
This pattern was really simple, and I love the lace portion. However, I do have some mods planned for the next one:
~The button holes are oddly placed in this pattern. The top two are close together, and the third one looks like an afterthought. I hated the asymmetry so much I stitched the bottom hole closed. Also, I'll place them only 2 stitches in, instead of the called-for 3.
~I'll keep the first 3 stitches in garter stitch to keep the sides from curling so much.
~I think the picot edging is adorable, but it was a pain in the butt, and it causes the back to flip up. I may end up with a garter stitch border on the next one.
I've also started on another cardigan. This is the first time I've ever knit feather and fan, and I really like it!

It's made from Sheep Shop #3 (lovely yarn, BTW). The blue is actually more aqua than this picture.
And I've knit a couple more inches on the Daisy Chain blanket.
It's only about 40% complete. I really need to get on it and finish.

1 comment:

Wolfgang said...

I was on bedrest for 4 days and it sucked. I' know you must be getting sick of it already. At least it's worth it for a healthy baby girl!

(By the way, are you going with Ava?)